Sunday, April 10, 2011

A Brand New Day

For accoutants, making New Year's resolutions are futile. It is practically impossible to make life changes during tax season. Every year I try, and every year I fail. This year, my resolutions are coming in April, after tax season. A time when I can take the time to master my resolutions and not fail.
The year started out so rough for our family, I'm glad I didn't attempt major changes. Though I know there is no such thing as "normal," I do feel like we are getting back to some sense of it in our lives.
So, Friday nght I made lists; short-term, long-term, spiritual, temporal, very personal, and more family focused. Everything that I want to do in my life in 2011 is now in a list. It seems very overwhelming, yet very doable. I feel that I was aided by the Spirit in making this list, so I feel like I can accomplish it all. I know there will be falls and set-backs, but that is part of learning and growth.
How grateful I am for the chances we have to "make lists" time and time again to help us become better. I'm also grateful for the help from above in achieving my goals.

No comments: